• 3 3/4 pounds very fresh tuna steak
• 1 1/4 cups olive oil
• 5 limes, zest grated
• 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
• 2 1/2 teaspoons wasabi powder
• 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
• 2 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
• 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
• 1 1/4 cups minced scallions, white and green parts (12 scallions)
• 3 1/4 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
• 5 ripe Hass avocados
• 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, optional
• 1 ½ tablespoon Shichimi tōgarashi
• 1/2 cup light sour cream
• 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
Combine ingredients and mix until blended.
Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch dice and place it in a very large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, hot red pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour over the tuna, add the scallions and jalapeno, and mix well. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and peel. Cut the avocados into 1/4-inch dice. Carefully mix the avocado into the tuna mixture. Add the toasted sesame seeds and Togarashi, if using, and season to taste. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend. Serve in fried wonton skin tacos. Drizzle with wasabi cream and top with diced tomato.
Spicy Orange Shrimp Tacos
Thawed, marinated shrimp
Warm flour tortillas
Spicy orange marmalade
Red Bell Pepper Julienne
Sliced habanera (or jalapeno) chilies
• Let marinate for at least one hour.
Habanera (or jalapeno)
2 TBLSPN Oil to saute
• Heat orange marmalade in pan with all of the ingredients. Stir to incorporate water and chili flakes. Should be a thin consistency. Remove habanero.
To Make: Saute shrimp in oil. Heat up the spicy orange marmalade in a pan. Immediately toss the fried shrimp into the marmalade to coat. In a warm flour tortilla, place a few julienned bell peppers. Top with the coated shrimp and garnish the taco with sliced scallions.