Your Life A to Z Recipe: Friday, January 24th, 2014
By: Chef Eddie Matney
Chef Eddie’s Original Lasagna
2-Teaspoons Crushed Red Chiles
2-Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Pound-Italian Sausage-Chopped
1-Cup Cottage Cheese
1-Cup Cream Cheese
½ Cup Parsley-Chopped
1-Cup Parmesan Cheese
1-Pound Lasagna noodles-boiled and cut into 2” pieces
After boiling noodles, cut into 2” pieces and bake @ 300 for 15 minutes until crisp. In a sauce pan, sauté garlic, shallot, oil, mushrooms, sausage, artichokes for 5 minutes. Add tomato & cream, parsley and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cottage cheese cream cheese, work well, and serve with Lasagna chips.
Toasted Pita Churros
4 – Pita Bread –sliced
½ Cup – Oil Heated
Fry Pita in Hot oil
Remove from Oil Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar, serve with Ice Cream
Jalapeno Halibut Poppers
3 Cups Panko
3 Jalapenos –Chopped –in a cuisinart
1 ¼ Cup Flour (1 cup set in separate bowl)
1-Pound Halibut-cut into cubes
Salt & Pepper To Taste
2-Cups of oil -heated in cooking skillet
1. Combine all of the above ingredients in a cuisinart and blend well (this will be the 3rd item you coat the halibut with).
2. Place 1 cup of flour in small bowl, dredge halibut in flour
3. Place halibut in 2nd bowl consisting of two beaten eggs,
4. Place panko mix in 3rd bowl and coat halibut in panko mix.
5. In a skillet heat oil, (approximately 2 cups) once oil is hot cook halibut for approximately 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oil to rest.
Caper Dipping Sauce
1-Teaspoon Granulated Garlic