Makes 4 servings
20 large chemical free scallops, foot removed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
Salt and Pepper Mix as needed
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, whisked
1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup olive oil or Clarified Butter (see recipe on next page)
1 recipe Remoulade Sauce (see recipe on next page)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Season each scallop with Salt and Pepper Mix and toss with flour.
3. Mix Japanese bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
4. Dip each scallop in egg, then press into bread crumb mixture.
5. Preheat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Fry each scallop on both sides until golden brown.
6. Place scallops on a baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes.
7. Scallops should be slightly firm with a little give. When cut open, there should be a little translucent scallop in the middle.
8. Serve with Remoulade Sauce.
1 pound butter
1. In a small sauce pan, melt butter and bring it up to a boil. Reduce heat and
simmer for five minutes.
2. Remove butter from the heat and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Some of the milk solids will rise to the top. However, most of the
milk solids will sink to the bottom of the pan. The middle clear yellow is
the clarified butter.
3. Skim the milk solids from the surface.
4. Slowly pour the yellow clarified butter off the top, but stop pouring before
you get to the white milk solids that sank to the bottom.
5. Chill the clarified butter until solidified. Cut clarified butter into cubes and
store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Makes 1-1/2 Cups
1/4 cup water
1-1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 stalk celery, minced (1/4 cup)
1/4 cup green onion, minced
1 tablespoon horseradish
1 tablespoon brown mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor and purée for 1–2 minutes.
COTTAGE PLACE RESTAURANT
Locally Owned and Operated for over 30 years
Open for Dinner Wednesday through Sunday starting at 5pm
Call 928-774-8431 for reservations
Open Table 2012 Diner's Choice Award
Cottage Place named one of the top 100 Overall Restaurants in the US!
"Best Fine Dining" and "Best Wait Staff" "Award of Excellence Wine List"
126 W. Cottage Ave. in Flagstaff, AZ(one block west of Beaver St. Brewery)
www.cottageplace.com or www.cottageplacecookbook.com