2 T olive oil
4 oz fresh lemon juice
8 oz white wine
2 whole cloves
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup 2% milk, warmed
2 T fresh sage, julienned
1 russet potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
1. Heat oil in large pan until very hot.
2. Add mussels.
3. Rapidly add lemon juice, white wine, cloves and cinnamon.
4. Cover immediately and steam just until the mussels open (about 2 minutes).
5. Strain, discarding mussels. You should have about 2 cups of mussel broth. Bring to a simmer.
6. Or, if using chicken or vegetable broth, place in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add cloves and cinnamon and bring to a simmer
7. Add potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
8. Stir warm milk into broth.
9. Just before serving, stir in fresh sage.
To serve, top with Tarbell's Harissa
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 T toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup parsley leaves (no stems)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves (no stems)
2 green onions, chopped
1 Serrano chili
1 T toasted coriander seeds
2 T toasted ground cumin
Salt to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.