Yield: 4 Servings
1 lb. Firm Tofu, cut in eighths
3 Tbsp White miso
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
2 Tbsp Murin
1 Tbsp Fresh ginger, chopped
1 Tbsp Rice vinegar
1-1/2lb Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
To taste Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
4-6 oz Braising greens (swiss chard, kale etc.)
1 tsp Sesame oil
1tsp Black sesame seeds
1-2 each Green onion, sliced thinly on the diagonal
As needed Cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the tofu in a shallow ovenproof glass or stainless steel dish.
2. Place a small roasting pan in the hot oven to heat.
3. Whisk together the miso, mustard, Sriracha, murin, ginger and vinegar. Spoon the marinade over the tofu and set aside.
4. In a small mixing bowl, toss the parsnips with the oil, salt and pepper. Pour the vegetables into the hot roasting pan that has been pre-heating in the oven. Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Place the tofu on another rack in the oven. Bake both for an additional 15 minutes.
5. When the parsnips are tender, stir the greens into the parsnips and return to the oven briefly until greens are wilted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the sesame oil. Remove the tofu from the oven when hot and bubbling.
6. Arrange the greens and parsnips on a platter. Top with the tofu and garnish with the black sesame seeds, green onions and cilantro. Serve with rice.