Yield: 4-6 Servings
2 small Fennel bulbs, shaved thin on a Japanese mandolin
1 each Green Apple, cut into matchsticks
8-12 each Medjool dates, pits removed, cut into slivers
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 oz Organic greens
2 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup Walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. Chives, sliced
1. Combine the fennel, apple and dates and in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mustard and lemon juice. Whisk in the olive oil a little at a time to make an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Toss the fennel mixture with some of the vinaigrette; taste for salt and pepper. Add a little more oil or lemon juice if needed.
4. Dress the greens with enough of the vinaigrette to coat each leaf, tossing in a few grains of kosher salt. Arrange the greens on a serving platter; spoon the fennel and apple salad over the greens.
5. Top with the feta, walnuts and chives.