Mesa residents encouraged to "Treecycle"
Mesa residents can help the city of Mesa give the environment a present this holiday season by recycling their Christmas trees. Residents are encouraged to bring their tree to any of the free drop-off locations listed below. Residents are asked to remove all nails, stands, tinsel, lights and ornaments from trees. Flocked trees will not be accepted because the flocking does not break down in the environment and wreaths will not be accepted because of the metal wiring which can damage the chipping equipment.
The following 24-hour drop-off sites will be open Dec. 26-Jan. 13:
- City of Mesa Solid Waste Management Department, 730 N. Mesa Dr.
- East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
- Superstition Springs Police/Fire Substation, 2430 S. Ellsworth Road
- Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (enter off of Adobe St.)
- Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Rd.
Residents wishing to take their trees directly to the Salt River Landfill at Gilbert Road and the Beeline Highway can do so between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Mesa residents will need to have a current Arizona driver's license. Curbside pickup also is available for $19.99. Residents should contact City of Mesa Customer Service at 480-644-2221 for more information or to schedule a pickup time. Additional information may also be found by visiting www.mesarecycles.org.