Dr. Art Mollen
16100 N. 71st St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Wally's Weekly Car Review
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at 602-997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
Community Tire Pros and Auto Repair
Don't get stuck in a hot car this summer. Howard Fleischmann Sr. of Community Tire Pros and Auto Repair offers up some tips to keep your car's AC blowing cold air. For more information go to www.communitytirepros.com.
We get a rundown on the Valley's hottest jobs from Ryan Naylor of www.localwork.com.
Spoke and Wheel Tavern
Spoke and Wheel is a family-style tavern and chef-driven eatery serving up contemporary American cuisine with a Southwestern flair.
160 N. Portal Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336
Sedona Hours: Monday through Sunday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Bar open late.
Deluxe Corned Beef Hash:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large onion
5 large Yukon Gold potatoes
2 lbs. cooked corned beef, cubed
2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
1 large green pepper
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Poached crispy egg
Hollandaise sauce for topping the egg
1. Melt butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and pepper just until it begins to brown, about eight minutes. Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the cubed corned beef, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture cook until hash is crisp and browned, stirring often, 10 to 15 more minutes.
3. Poach egg for seven minutes, then deep fry quickly for 20 seconds. Egg has to be a little runny. Egg is placed on top of hash. Add Hollandaise sauce on top of Egg
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
1. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until mixture is thickened.
2. Place the bowl over a sauce pan containing barely simmering water. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
3. Continue to whisk rapidly. Don't let eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
4. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened.
5. Remove from heat and whisk in salt and cayenne.