MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican authorities say they have arrested three more men as suspects in the killings of 13 young people kidnapped three months ago from a bar near the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City.
Assistant federal prosecutor Renato Sales says the three were captured by federal authorities and have been turned over to Mexico City prosecutors pending formal charges.
Sales said Thursday the three are suspected in 13 killings, the same number of bodies found in August in a clandestine grave on Mexico City's outskirts.
The latest arrests bring to 10 the number of suspects brought into custody so far, including two owners of the bar where the youths were kidnapped May 26.
Prosecutors have said they believe the killings were in revenge for the slaying of a drug dealer.