GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Glendale Firefighters say a fire that sparked in a mobile home Monday afternoon was more difficult to fight because of hoarding.
Around 3 p.m., two people inside the home near 67th Avenue and Greenway Rd. reportedly heard an explosion in the back bedroom. They were able to make it out of the home, but one of them was taken to the hospital due to an unrelated medical issue.
Firefighters say once they arrived they had to cut their way into the home from the outside to access the fire.
The Chief described the inside of the home as piled high with things stuffed from the floor to the ceiling. There were also rooms that were added on to the home that were filled with stuff, making it impossible for the firefighters to get inside.
Glendale Fire officials said they also couldn't get to an electrical box which lead to several firefighters being shocked as they made their way through the home. None were seriously hurt.
Firefighters will stay on scene much of the night to make sure none of the debris sparks again.