NM authorities: 4 boys from youth camp back home

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on October 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Updated Saturday, Oct 12 at 9:33 PM

HILLSBORO, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico state police say they've confirmed the wellbeing of two more teenagers who were reported missing from a rural ranch for troubled youth.

Authorities have now removed four teenagers from an Amber Alert that originally included nine children when it was issued Friday.

State police said Saturday night that the parents of the other five boys have made contact with state officials, but the Amber Alert will remain active until an official physically confirms their location and well-being.

The teens were considered missing when a search warrant was executed Friday at the Tierra Blanca High Country Youth Program as part of an investigation of abuse. The teens weren't at the 30,000-acre compound in Sierra County and neither was program operator Scott Chandler.

Ranch attorney Pete Domenici Jr. has said the teenagers were on a previously scheduled activity away from the ranch but they are now all with their parents.

Print
Email
|