NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — The family of a boy shot dead in last month's Connecticut school massacre says it has been contacted by the White House regarding its desire to be heard in the discussion over gun control in Washington, D.C.
Veronique Pozner's 6-year-old son, Noah, was among 20 first-graders killed by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown. She had said she was disappointed and puzzled about why she hadn't received more information about legislative proposals.
Her brother, Alexis Haller, says he asked White House officials if victims' families would be informed of initiatives stemming from the massacre and finally heard back Thursday about consultations between the White House and families.
A White House spokesman says the families will have the chance to share their views before President Barack Obama makes any decisions.