Man hospitalized with burns in barbecue explosion

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on December 31, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Updated Monday, Dec 31 at 9:30 AM

LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California man has been hospitalized after a barbecue exploded and touched off a house fire.

City News Service says the Long Beach man was lighting a barbecue in the rear portion of his home when there was a flash explosion just before dawn on Monday.

The blast sparked a small fire that was quickly extinguished by firefighters

The man is in a hospital with second-degree burns on his face. His name hasn't been released.

Print
Email
|