SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Crews from four fire departments were called out Monday evening to battle a fire at a west Valley recycling plant.
The blaze started at Waste Management's Northwest Regional Materials Recovery Facility plant near 194th Street and Deer Valley Road. Crews from Surprise, Peoria, Glendale and Sun City all helped fight the flames.
Video from Chopper 3 showed smoke pouring out of the building, which houses recycled materials.
Fire crews believe the flames started inside a metal building that houses recycled waste. Early reports said it may have been a conveyer belt that overheated.
It took crews almost an hour and a half to control the fire. No one was injured in the blaze.