PHOENIX -- Two people and their dog will be looking for a place to stay after an early morning fire tore through their Phoenix home Monday.
It happened at about 1 a.m. in the area of 35th Avenue and Osborn Road.
According to Phoenix firefighters, the fire started on the back patio and spread to the attic.
Although there were smoke detectors in the house, the residents said they did not activate because the fire and smoke were outside.
Despite the lack of warning, everybody made it safely outside.
"They got out before the fire entered the house," Phoenix fire Capt. Ruben Saavedra explained.
No injuries were reported.
It's not clear what sparked the fire.