Before you head out this weekend, make a note of these weekend freeway construction projects from the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT). Roadwork will affect drivers on the West and North Valley.
• Loop 303 closed in both directions between Olive and Northern avenues from 9 p.m. Thursday to 4 a.m. Monday (Nov. 19) for APS power line repair work. DETOUR: Drivers can use Sarival Avenue.
• Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in both directions between Sarival Avenue and Citrus Road from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 19) for Loop 303/I-10 traffic interchange construction. I-10 ramps in the area will remain open. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and be prepared to merge safely in work zone during overnight restriction.
• State Route 51 narrowed to two lanes in both directions between Bell Road and Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) from 11 p.m. Friday to noon Sunday (Nov. 18) for sign foundation work. Southbound SR 51 on-ramp at Union Hills Drive closed. Westbound Loop 101 HOV ramp to southbound State Route 51 closed. Westbound Loop 101 ramp to southbound State Route 51 narrowed to one lane. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time. Consider using Bell Road to access southbound SR 51 while Union Hills on-ramp is closed.
• Northbound Interstate 17 off-ramps at Union Hills and Yorkshire drives closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (Nov. 17) for electrical system work. DETOUR: Consider exiting at Bell Road.
• Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Thunderbird Road closed from 5 a.m. Saturday to 3 p.m. Sunday (Nov. 18) for electrical system work. DETOUR: Consider using exits at Greenway or Cactus roads.