Natural gas leak may have caused fire at Phoenix home

Print
Email
|

by Marcy McMacken

azfamily.com

Posted on March 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Updated Saturday, Mar 16 at 11:05 AM

Map: Phoenix house fire

View larger map

PHOENIX -- A central Phoenix neighborhood woke up to the sound of an explosion that is believed to have set a house on fire early Saturday morning.

Fire crews responded to a home near 21st Avenue and Missouri.  Witnesses said they heard a blast or explosion at around 7:30 am.  When they went outside, they saw flames and lots of black smoke.

A Phoenix Fire spokesperson said they believe the cause of the fire may have been a natural gas leak. 

Some nearby homes were evacuated while the fire was put out and the gas leak secured.

There were no reports of injuries.

Print
Email
|