Do you agree with Gov. Jan Brewer's decision to pass SB 1070?
Get the latest news and information on SB 1070, the new Arizona law dealing with illegal immigrants.
- Gov. Brewer sits down with 3TV to talk about SB 1070
- Shakira visits Phoenix to aid in protest of Arizona law
- Statement from the McDonald for Senate Campaign Committee
- Statement from Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Statement from the Hispanic Leadership Fund
- Statement from the ACLU
- Statement from Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
- Protesters descend on the Arizona State Capitol
- President Barack Obama calls Arizona immigration bill 'misguided'
- Statement from Arizona Bishops and the Arizona Interfaith Network
We want your thoughts.
Do you agree with you agree with Governor Jan Brewer's decision to pass SB 1070?
Vote now in our poll on the right side of this page.
Statement from Terry Goddard on signing of SB1070:
"The bill the Governor just signed does nothing to secure our border or make us safer from the cartel violence behind most border crime," Goddard said. "We need stronger penalties against illegal entry, and I have made specific recommendations to the President for real federal border reform."
Statement from Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano on signing of SB1070:
"The Arizona immigration law will likely hinder federal law enforcement from carrying out its priorities of detaining and removing dangerous criminal aliens. With the strong support of state and local law enforcement, I vetoed several similar pieces of legislation as Governor of Arizona because they would have diverted critical law enforcement resources from the most serious threats to public safety and undermined the vital trust between local jurisdictions and the communities they serve. I support and am actively working with bipartisan members of Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform at the federal level because this issue cannot be solved by a patchwork of inconsistent state laws."