Map: Acid leak
CASA GRANDE, Ariz. -- An acid leak forced the evacuation Tuesday of a small water park in Casa Grande.
3TV's news helicopter was over the scene as hazardous material teams were cleaning up the mess.
The Staff at the Palm Island Family Aquatics Park noticed a leak from the bottom of a 55 gallon drum of muriatic acid around 1 p.m., according to Casa Grande public information officer Agustin Avalos.
The acid is commonly used for pool maintenance.
As a precaution, the Casa Grande Fire Department evacuated everyone in the Aquatic Park, said Avalos.
Residents within 2 blocks of the park were told they could voluntarily evacuate, or remain inside their homes.
Other hazardous materials teams from the area arrived around 3:40 p.m., and assisted the Casa Grande Fire Department.
No one was hurt.
The 55 gallon drum was delivered and installed this morning.
The Aquatic Park is owned and operated by the City of Casa Grande.