PHOENIX -- It’s not too late to get bikini-ready with Good Morning Arizona’s Bikini Boot Camp Makeover diet plan and fitness program.
As we head into week two of our challenge, we're going to go through a no-equipment workout featuring four moves to help you trim and achieve a rocking midsection just in time for summer.
Nutrition is also key to getting rid of that muffin top. Along with the bikini boot camp workouts, begin adding berries, cucumbers, asparagus, chicken and pumpkin seeds to your diet. These five foods will help you get “lean” and bikini ready in no time.
Sexy Abs Workout: Preform each exercise for 30 seconds with a 15 second rest.
Plank up and down
- Assume a push-up position on your toes.
- Lower yourself down to your elbows starting with your right than left.
- Press your right hand against the floor and straightening your arms. Press your left hand in the same manner to raise your body back in a push-up position.
- Lower yourself back to your elbows, first with your left arm, then with your right.
- Continue for 30 seconds.
- Keep your body straight during the entire movement.
- Modify exercise by dropping to knees to fit your fitness level.
- Begin laying flat on the floor with your arms stretched out straight over your head.
- Contract the abdominals and lift the upper body and legs off the floor a few inches. Hold this “dish” position while breathing and drawing your navel down into the floor.
- Holding the “dish” position, begin to rock the body forward and backward without letting your hands or feet touch the floor.
- Continue for 30 seconds.
- Modify exercise by bending knees to a 90-degree angle and arms crossed over chest.
- Begin laying flat on the floor with arms and legs extended. Assume same “dish” position as the previous exercise by contracting the abdominals while lifting the upper body and legs off the floor.
- Roll the movement onto your side and then onto your stomach while extending the arms and legs into a superman position.
- Try to keep your hands and feet off the floor during the transition.
- Alternate sides and repeat the pattern.
Side plank with rotation
- Lay on your side supporting your torso by placing your bottom elbow directly in line with your shoulder, on the ground. Stack your feet on top of each other and begin to press your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Place the hand of your top arm up behind your head. With the elbow pointing up to the ceiling.
- If you are having trouble balancing on one foot – you can put the top foot on the ground in front of the bottom foot.
- Once your hips are off the ground, slowly lower your hips to the ground lightly tapping the floor. Lift them back up and hold for 2 seconds.
- Next, twist your shoulders and reach your top arm’s elbow towards the ground below your torso.
- Be sure to hold your abs in tight throughout the entire rotation.
- Repeat the sequence for 30 seconds. Rest 15 seconds, then switch sides for another 30 seconds.
Be sure to keep your arms, glutes, abdominals and legs strong throughout the whole set to reap the benefits of the exercise.
More Bikini Boot Camp Challenge videos