MESA, Ariz. -- A family dog is dead after a fire took place at a home in Mesa Friday morning.
The fire broke out at a house southeast of the Loop 101 and Guadalupe, and wound up gutting the garage before heading to the attic.
Neighbors called 9-1-1, while fire departments from Mesa, Chandler, and Gilbert raced to the scene.
Crews worked furiously to contain the blaze, and after about 15 minutes the fire was under control. Unfortunately, the house was destroyed by the time the flames were stopped.
The family who lives at the home was not present at the time, but their dog was not able to make it out alive.
The fire department will help to displaced family find a new home.