PHOENIX -- July, the month that everyone else seems to be on a vacation, is a great time to save if you know what to look for. I saw this article that mentioned seven things to buy in July and found examples to save you money and help you "live life better for less".
Here we go.
1. Furniture: There are lots of summer clearance events going on. Right now you can save huge at the Living Spaces summer clearance event. They have sectionals, bedroom sets, and 5-piece counter sets all under $500. Stick to what’s on sale and you’ll do really well. It never hurts to ask a manager for extra discounts.
2. Computers and Tablets: It’s a great time to buy a computer and tablet, especially as you get closer to back to school. At Staples I found an HP all-in-one desktop PC for $329.90, usually $499.99. They marked it down even more to $231.90 and it sold out right away, but be sure to search for other hot deals.
3. Bottled Water: At Fry’s you can get a 24-pack of bottled water for $1.99 this week. At just over eight cents a bottle, this is definitely a stock up price.
4. Grills: Now that the 4th of July is over, you can get a smoking price on lots of models. Keep an eye out for clearance stickers when you’re shopping! You can get this gorgeous five-burner grill for just $258 right now at Walmart.
5. Condiments: It’s grilling time and a great time to stock up on condiments. Right now at Fry’s you can get Hunt’s ketchup or Kroger BBQ sauce for just a buck.
6. Jeans: Stores are gearing up for back to school and getting rid of some of the summer styles and older styles. It’s a great time to save! Check out Gap, they have an up to 75% off sale going on right now. You can get a pair of jeans that usually goes for almost $70 down to under $30. I saw a few pairs of women’s jeans at Old Navy for under $10.
7. Suits. Jos a Banks has some hot deals going on right now. I found this executive three-button wool herringbone sportcoat that has a regular price of $450 marked down to $22.40! Sport coats that are usually around $500 are under $100. Select suits that are usually way over $500 are just over $100. You may want to stop in and see if something works for you.
Deals Diva Alicia Markham has one goal -- to help you live life better for less.
"I only post deals I truly love and would buy or participate in myself," she says.
A stay-at-home mom of two, Markham describes herself as frugal and says she is passionate about saving money. She wants to help you hang on to your hard-earned dollars, too.
"I think it's so important to save without sacrificing your quality of life," she says.
Markham's blog won Phoenix Magazine's Best of the Valley recognition in 2011 and 2012.
If there's a deal to be had, Markham will find it and share it with you.