PHOENIX -- Sunday is Earth Day, a time when people are reminded just how fragile our planet it. It's up to us to take care of it, but that doesn't mean you have to make big, lofty goals.
1. Reuse your towel after taking a shower. You'll save both water and energy.
2. Switch from plastic sandwich bags to reusable bags and pouches like those on ABlissfulLife.net. More than 20 million of those plastic sandwich bags are thrown away every day. That adds up to 7.3 trillion per year. Reusable bags not only save you money, they reduce what goes into our landfills.
3. Do you use plastic utensils at lunch? Consider making a change. Bamboo is a renewable source and makes for great reusable utensils. Find some on To-GoWare.com.
4. The next time you pick up your dry-cleaning, save those wire hangers and recycle them by returning to your dry-cleaners. According to HangerHamper.com, which makes a bag bag designed to hold those hangers, 3.5 million wire hangers end up in landfills every year.
5. When you go shopping, trade in those plastic bags for reusable ones.
6. When you go get your daily coffee, take your own mug.
7. Get a reusable water bottle to keep with you when you're out and about.