PHOENIX -- With all of the parties going on this weekend, we'll definitely want to save at the grocery stores.
My drive-out-of-the-way store of the week is definitely Albertsons.
They still have the $40 off groceries when you buy six or more bottles of select wine and spirits coupon in their ad. This week it gets even better. All wine is 25 percent off when you buy six or more bottles. Once Upon a Vine is eligible for the $40 coupon. It's on sale for $6.66 when you buy six bottles (usually $13.99/bottle and I think it's pretty good). That means you'll pay $39.96 total for the wine and get $40 off your grocery purchase of $40.01 or more. So you can look at it as better-than-free wine or $40 of free groceries! Be sure to call before you make a special trip to confirm that they have the wine in stock at your store.
Albertsons also has a coupon for $10 off your grocery purchase of $10 or more on the ad (you can print it here).
Other hot deals at Albertsons:
- Strawberries are $0.75/1-lb. container
- Premium bone-in spiral cut ham is $1.57/lb.
- 24 packs of Albertsons premium drinking water are $2.22 each, limit four
- Pepsi 12 packs are four for $9 or Coke 12 packs are four for $10 when you buy four, minimum $25 purchase
- Nabisco snack crackers are $1.77/box
- Blue Bell ice cream is $3.99/half gallon
- Whoppers Robins Eggs, Jolly Rancher, Life Saver, or Starburst jelly beans are $2/each
- A 6-inch potted Easter Lily is $7.88
Look for items participating in the free eggs promotion. Buy six and get a dozen Albertsons large AA eggs for free.
- Cooks spiral cut half hams are $1.47/lb.
- Boneless top sirloin steak is $3.88/lb.
- Cheese festival or crusty bread dipper trays are $20.99, each serves 15-18 people
- Fresh green beans are $0.87/lb.
- Five lb. bag of russet potatoes or three lb. bags of red or gold Klondike potatoes are $.87/each
- 18-pack bottles of Budweiser, Miller, or Coors is $16.99
- Cook's shank portion ham is $.89/lb. Kroger spiral sliced ham is $1.67/lb.
- Boneless pork loin is $2.99/lb.
- Pineapples are $0.97/each
- USDA Choice ribeye roast is $4.88/lb.
- Fresh baked hot cross buns are $2.99/9 pack
- 8" Farmer's Market apple pie: $2.99/each
- Pillsbury Crescent or cinnamon rolls are $1.89
- Thomas' bagels or English muffins are buy one get one free
- Safeway spiral sliced half ham: $1.59/lb.
- Fresh green beans are $0.99/lb.
- Dreyers (1.5 qt.) or Haagen-Dazs (14 oz.) ice cream is $2.99
- Nabisco snack crackers or toasted chips: $1.77
- Cadbury mini eggs: $2.69
- Cut tulips: $7.99/10 stems
Money saving ideas:
Click here to download a coupon for $3 off your $50 purchase to your Fry’s VIP card.
Click here to get to coupons.com and print any coupons you think you’ll use. This week at Fry’s and Safeway, all manufacturer’s coupons are worth at least $1 (makes the $0.10 off coupon look a lot more attractive -- dollars add up quickly)! Save on all kinds of things like Coppertone sunscreen, Spot Shot, candy, Colgate toothpaste, cereal, lemonade, Brawny, Bisquick, Tide, Charmin, and lots more.
Deals Diva Alicia Markham has one goal -- to help you live life better for less.
"I only post deals I truly love and would buy or participate in myself," she says.
A stay-at-home mom of two, Markham describes herself as frugal and says she is passionate about saving money. She wants to help you hang on to your hard-earned dollars, too.
"I think it's so important to save without sacrificing your quality of life," she says.
Markham's blog won Phoenix Magazine's Best of the Valley recognition in 2011, 2012, and 2013 and Arizona Foothills Magazine's Best of Our Valley recognition in 2014 .
If there's a deal to be had, Markham will find it and share it with you.