Map: Choking incident
GILBERT, Ariz. -- The Gilbert Fire Department says a toddler is in stable condition after choking and falling into a swimming pool Sunday.
The 3-year-old boy was eating lunch with his family at a community pool near Guadalupe and Power roads when he choked on his food.
He was immediately pulled out of the pool and CPR was performed, according to the fire department.
When firefighters arrived, the boy was crying.
He was transported to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa.