PHOENIX -- Calling all cooks! Do you have what it takes to win $25,000 from Chevron? That's 10 to 15 years in gas money alone!
The Game Day Chef Challenge launched Friday, Aug. 1, just in time for football season. Bradley Hasemeyer explains that contestants should put together a meal with food purchased at gas stations.
"It really only has to incorporate one item," he says. "So you don't have to go into a Chevron and grab everything. You just cook whatever you were going to cook for dinner and realize, oh, I need some salt or some pepper. You could do that."
You don't have to be a professional chef, either! Home cooks on any level are welcome to enter.
Bradley showed off his concoction on Monday's Good Morning Arizona. He calls it the "Bradley Cheesy & Loaded Buffalo Dog." Most of the ingredients came from a Chevron.
"Create your creation. Take a photo of it. Take a photo of your receipt. Take a photo of your recipe," he says. "Pull all that together and submit it online."
- Choose your best recipe
- Incorporate any food or non-alcoholic beverage item from a Chevron or Texaco station
- Prepare the dish, take a photo and submit to www.THEGAMEDAYCHEF.com
- Share for votes to compete to become the Game Day Chef Champion!
- There will be five Regional Contests with five contestants each in Arizona, Southern California, Northern California, Washington and Oregon.
- Arizona's Regional cook-off will take place Oct. 26, 2014, at the University of Phoenix Stadium.
- The Game Day Chef Challenge Finale will take place in Pasadena, California with one winner from each region.
Bradley’s Cheesy and Loaded Buffalo Hot Dog
Ingredients need to make dish (makes 8)
- 8 Beef Hot dogs – Your Preference
- 8 Hot Dog buns
- Nacho cheese dip – Approx. 1 cup
- Fritos – Approx. 1 cup
- Chopped Bacon (3-4 pieces of bacon)
- Blue cheese crumbled – Approx. 1 cup
- Mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Tabasco hot sauce – ¼ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper - Pinch
Ingredients you can purchase at Chevron:
- Nacho cheese dip
- Hot Sauce
- Lemon juice
- For the spicy buffalo mayo, combine mayonnaise, Tabasco Hot Sauce, lemon juice and black pepper into bowl and mix.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions: Boil or grill them, whichever you prefer!
- Place one hot dog inside of bun and begin to load toppings
- Top with the buffalo mayo, nacho cheese dip, then add the crumble blue cheese, Frito chips, and bacon on top. Portion size of toppings is your preference.
- Serve warm
4350 E Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Indian School Road and 44th Street