CHANDLER, Ariz. -- The reward on the table for information leading to the arrest of the suspects behind a string of pharmacy robberies in four different cities is up to $5,000.
RxPATROL®, which is an "initiative designed to collect, collate, analyze and disseminate pharmacy theft intelligence to law enforcement throughout the nation," put up the money.
Police say the robberies occurred between March 25 and June 22 at 15 pharmacies in Chandler, Tempe, Mesa and Scottsdale.
- 3/25/2014, 7:46 pm, Fry’s Pharmacy, 981 W. Elliot Road, Chandler
- 4/24/2014, 9:55 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 990 E Warner Road, Chandler
- 5/16/2014, 6:25 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 990 E Warner Road, Chandler
- 5/27/2014, 9:03 am, CVS Pharmacy, 1015 E Ray Road, Chandler
- 5/31/2014, 5:45 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 855 E Elliot Road, Tempe
- 6/8/2014, 11:45 am, CVS Pharmacy, 1015 E Ray Road, Chandler
- 6/11/2014, 8:10 am, Walgreen’s Pharmacy, 6002 E Main Street, Mesa
- 6/11/2014, 4:35 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 855 E Elliot Road, Tempe
- 6/13/2014, 1:15 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 2809 S Sossaman Road, Mesa
- 6/16/2014, 8:29 pm, Walgreen’s Pharmacy, 10135 E Via Linda, Scottsdale
- 6/17/2014, 7:06 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 3303 S Rural Street, Tempe
- 6/21/2014, 4:36 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 5975 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler
- 6/22/2014, 10:18 am, CVS Pharmacy, 3990 W Ray Road, Chandler
- 6/22/2014, 1:25 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 990 E Warner Road, Chandler
- 6/22/2014, 5:21 pm, CVS Pharmacy, 855 E Elliot Road, Tempe
Sgt. Darren Burch with Silent Witness said the suspects enter the business and immediately demand OxyContin with the threat of a weapon. In one incident, a handgun was displayed.
With the exception of one robbery at a Fry's and two at different Walgreen's locations, all of the incidents happened at CVS stores.
There have been occurrences both inside the stores and at pharmacy drive-thru windows.
The suspects usually try to conceal themselves by wearing baseball caps and sunglasses, according to police. They also wear surgical masks or cover the lower portion of their faces.
Police have released video of the two suspects. One is described as a Hispanic or white male, 30 to 40 years old, 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall with a medium to heavy build. The second suspect is described as a white male, 22 to 29 years old, 6 feet tall with a thin build.
Anyone with information about the suspects is asked to contact Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS, 1-800-343-TIPS or silentwitness.org. Callers may remain anonymous.
“It’s important for people to know that they can call in tips and remain completely anonymous," Burch explained. "Callers never have to give their names or appear in court. The Silent Witness tip line does not use any tape recording or caller ID devices."