Residents at Phoenix apartment complex help save neighbors from fire

Print
Email
|

by azfamily.com

azfamily.com

Posted on May 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Updated Tuesday, May 13 at 1:02 PM

PHOENIX -- Residents at a Phoenix apartment complex helped save the lives of their neighbors after their apartment caught fire early Monday morning.

The fire broke out at the Sombra Apartments near Glendale and 20th avenues around 3 a.m.

Residents of another apartment noticed the smoke, alerted the apartment's occupants and grabbed a fire extinguisher to help put out the flames.

"So we all ran outside and then I was the first one to see the fire extinguisher so I busted it," Melanie Ellis said. She received a minor cut on her arm from the glass.

Neighbor Myles Miller said he broke a window and put out the flames with the fire extinguisher until firefighters arrived.

The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen.

Nobody was seriously hurt.
 

Print
Email
|