Plumber injured in house fire in Ahwatukee

Print
Email
|

by Catherine Holland

azfamily.com

Posted on June 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Updated Monday, Jun 3 at 9:57 PM

Map: 17th Ave. & Chandler

View larger map

AHWATUKEE, Ariz. -- A plumber was injured when he was caught in a house fire in Ahwatukee Saturday afternoon.

It happened in the neighborhood of 17th Avenue and Chandler Boulevard.

According to firefighters, the plumber was working with the homeowner in the attic when they heard a pop and then spotted smoke.

Fire crews were quickly forced to go defensive when the tile roof started to cave in.

Investigators believe this was a gas-fed fire.

The plumber suffered minor burns.

The house sustained serious damage.

Print
Email
|