PHOENIX -- A family of six was displaced after their mobile home caught fire Saturday afternoon.
About 2:30 p.m., the Phoenix Fire Department responded to the home on the 3300 block of East Randolph Road, near Van Buren and 32nd streets.
The single mother told fire personnel that she was asleep in the back room of the home when she suddenly awoke to her arm becoming hot. She then saw that a wall in her bedroom was on fire.
She grabbed her three children and two elderly parents, and they escaped unharmed, Phoenix Fire Capt. Tony Mure said.
The home did not have a working smoke detector, according to the fire department.
The mobile home is a complete loss, and all of the family's personal belongings are either severely damaged or destroyed, Mure said.
The Phoenix Fire Department and American Red Cross are assisting the family.