PHOENIX -- A Phoenix firefighter is recovering after he was injured while battling an early morning fire at a mobile home.
It happened just before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Five people lived in the mobile home near 31st Avenue and Van Buren Street. They all escaped unharmed, but they lost everything.
When fire crews arrived on the scene, they saw flames shooting through the roof. The family was already safely outside
At this point, investigators do not know what sparked the fire, but they believe it started in the back of the trailer. It's not clear if there was a working smoke detector inside the home.
While working to knock down the flames, a firefighter apparently grabbed an electrical wire, unaware that it was live. That wire delivered an electrical shock. The firefighter, whose name has not been released, was transported to a local hospital for evaluation and is expected to be just fine.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Larry Nunez said "hot" electrical wiring is a hazard firefighters face on every call.
"When we're in the home, we try to secure the utilities, but if there's something that obviously still has power, that's probably one of the hidden dangers that people don't realize," he said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.