PHOENIX -- A Valley neighborhood is on the lookout for someone who may possibly be poisoning pets. At least two dogs have been found dead.
It happened in a community near Grovers and 35th avenues in Phoenix. In just one week, two German shepherds were found dead and their owners are devastated.
"My dog was laying on the ground, barely breathing, foam and blood coming out of her mouth, and that's when I noticed she was poisoned," said pet owner Cynthia Johnston.
Johnston is mourning the loss of her beloved 7-month-old German shepherd named Fable.
"I'm ticked," she said. "She was very special to me. She was going to be trained as a therapy dog."
Johnston said she found the dog shortly after she spotted a man running between her home and a neighbor's home.
"When I got to the front yard, I saw the guy running down the street," she said.
"We've had two reports from our members that had had their dogs poisoned," said Kim Allen, who runs a crime watch program in the area. "I can't imagine anyone doing that to animals."
The women want to warn pet owners to keep a close eye on their dogs and cats, especially with the Halloween season approaching.