Will you do any online shopping on the sly while at work today?
PHOENIX -- It's Cyber Monday and while you're shopping online, the crew at Amazon.com's biggest busiest fulfillment center in the world is working hard to fill your order.
3TV's Ryan O'Donnell spent the morning at the facility, getting the lowdown on what's hot this holiday season.
Amazon is expecting to process some 500,000 orders from the Phoenix facility alone on Monday, which is expected to be the biggest online shopping day for the third consecutive year.
According to research firm comScore, Americans are expected to spend $1.5 billion, up from $1.25 billion last year on Cyber Monday, as retailers ramp up deals to get shoppers to click on their websites.
Last year, Amazon handled a record 17 million items ordered. That's roughly 204 items per second.
If you are one of the many shopping online Monday -- or any time, for that matter -- there are some things you need to know to make sure you do not get scammed.
1. Do not shop from a laptop or mobile device that's connected to an unsecured wireless network.
2. Check the URL for https (rather than http) and a padlock icon
3. Use a credit card for safety and check your statement carefully
4. Beware of fake shipping emails
5. Retailers will not ask for your Social Security number
The Associated Press contributed to this report.