GLENDALE, Ariz. – A house fire in Glendale Monday night was caused by two children playing with matches, according to investigators.
The children, ages 3 and 5, were in a bedroom of the home near Olive and 47th avenues when they set a stack of clothes on fire, according to Glendale Fire Department spokesman Michael Young.
The fire spread to a stereo speaker and other items in the room.
The children's mother grabbed the clothes and put them in a bathroom sink while another family member attempted to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.
The mother sustained a minor burn to her forearm and was treated on scene.
For information regarding Glendale Fire Department's Youth Firesetter Intervention program, visit www.glendaleaz.com.