EL MIRAGE, Ariz. -- A woman who was badly burned is thanking her former coworkers for helping her get her life back on track.
Adelina Correa spent three months at the Arizona Burn Center after she fell into a fire pit.
She is out of the hospital now and much more comfortable after some Cox Communications employees donated their time to fix up her home.
"I come home and go this is my house it looks awesome.
"My company helped me do this," said Correa who worked as a dispatcher at Cox for 15 years. "I come home and I feel safe I know that I'm not going to fall."
Correa, an epileptic, was burned over 65 percent of her body two years ago.
"My son went to get some firewood and my niece went to chase a dog in the backyard and just in that split second that they were gone, I must have had a seizure because the next thing I remember it was March 2012," said Correa.
She was in a medically induced coma for months.
When Correa was finally healed enough to go home, she had to stay with her brother because her house was just not fit.
"The house needed painting as well as interior work needed new flooring. She wasn't able to get around on the current flooring," said Cox employee Noah Foot.
That's when her colleagues at Cox Communications stepped in to help.
They put in 500 hours of volunteer time from employees for painting, a new floor, air conditioning, and even new TV's and patio furniture.
Correa said she was surprised and delighted in how her Cox family was there for her.
"I appreciate it every day and I thank them from the bottom of my heart," said Correa.