Baby severely burned by skillet full of cooking oil

Print
Email
|

by Jennifer Thomas

azfamily.com

Posted on November 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Updated Monday, Dec 2 at 5:59 PM

TEMPE, Ariz. -- An 8-month-old girl was severely burned by a skillet full of hot oil Wednesday afternoon, according to the Tempe Police Department.

Sgt. Mike Pooley said the child's grandmother was in the process of cooking a meal when the baby pulled the cord attached to the skillet, causing the burning oil and food to fall on top of her.

The child was transported to a hospital where she is being treated for extremely severe burns to her face and body.

"Although today was an extremely sad accident, it is an important reminder for us all to be aware of where our children are and to take the necessary precautions to prevent such accidents from happening," Pooley said in a media release.
 

Print
Email
|