Ariz. community helping family injured in house explosion

Print
Email
|

by azfamily.com

azfamily.com

Posted on April 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Updated Friday, Apr 4 at 4:39 PM

CANE BEDS, Ariz. -- A house explosion last month left an Arizona family badly burned and fighting for their lives.

It happened in the tiny town of Cane Beds in northern Arizona. There are only about 400 people in the town.

Four people survived the blast on March 22, but now they need help.

The explosion caused by a propane leak critically burned Lyman Hammon, Samantha Lebaron, their 8-month-old daughter and a 15-year-old girl.

They had to be airlifted to hospitals in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. Their significant burns have placed them in intensive care.

The family's home and all of their possessions were destroyed in the explosion so family and community members have come together to rebuild a house for them on donated land.

They are collecting items and donations through online fundraising pages. The money will help with bills, treatments and the building of their new home.

The family has a long road to recovery ahead of them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1429324913981472   
http://www.gofundme.com/7qyi4g

Print
Email
|