13-year-old girl burned by oil in cooking fire

13-year-old girl burned by oil in cooking fire

13-year-old girl burned by oil in cooking fire

Print
Email
|

by Christina O'Haver

azfamily.com

Posted on August 22, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Updated Tuesday, Aug 26 at 6:56 AM

Map: Teen burned

View larger map

PHOENIX -- A 13-year-old girl was burned when a cooking pan caught fire at a northwest Phoenix home Friday.

The Phoenix, Peoria and Glendale fire departments were called to the home near 55th Avenue and Happy Valley Road around 12:30 p.m.

Firefighters treated the teen for minor to moderate splatter burns on her arms and face. According to Phoenix Fire Capt. Benjamin Santillan, the girl stated the hot oil splattered when she tried to set the pan on the floor and dropped it.

She was transported to a nearby hospital.

The fire was contained to the pan.

Print
Email
|