Let's talk Website… three weeks ago Carey Peña, Jason Berry and I met on ideas for the 3TV News at 10pm Website. We talked about components and ideas for the look. From there I met with the Director of Digital Media, Jim Carr, to see if the ideas would work within the azfamily.com content management system. Together Jim and I found solutions for all the components that Carey and Jason wanted plus, Jim and I added a few things that we thought were cool.
So, here's the list of elements for the 3TV News at 10pm Website:
- News stories created by 3TV reporters and producers
- Poll question
- Out and About… what's happening around town
- Just Ask… questions asked by our community that we'll try our best to answer. It could be a question for one of our 3TV staff members or anyone in the community.
- Facebook and Twitter widgets to track hot news topics
- Areas for the community to submit their news… 3TV and azfamily.com only have so many resources so there may be news that we're missing that's happening in your neighborhoods.
- Cloud element that pulls in trending topics from Google trends, Twitter trends, Yahoo buzz and Clues
- Place for on-air and behind the scenes bios
The next step to start the Website was to get Fields Moseley and Carey Peña together for the promo shoot which happened on August 8th. From that promo shoot our art department was able to get still photos of Carey and Fields together. From those still photos the art department started creating billboards and ads for the promotion of the show. We wanted the 3TV News at 10pm Website to have a different look than the rest of azfamily.com so once that artwork was created and approved I sent the files to one of my favorite freelance designers Sarah Loukota. Sarah sent two drafts for review the weeks of August 8th and 15th and the final design was approved and sent to be coded on August 16th.
I'm sad to say that this Website design will not be ready for the launch of the show. The 3TV News at 10pm Website design is set to launch mid-September. :( But here's a sneak peek..
So, what's Website plan B? Plan B is to have all the elements above created and hosted on www.azfamily.com/news/10 3TV News at 10pm newscast launches Monday, August 22nd, the content for the Website is still being created as I type this update. The Art Director is finishing up an open and close to the 'Just Ask' part of the Website that is set to be finished Thursday, August 18th. From there videos will need to be edited together then submitted to the azfamily.com content management system.
We're working hard trying to get it all ready… the information will be there, it just won't look really, really pretty until September. Stay tuned…