Mascarpone Cheesecake with Almond Crust
1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 Lb cream cheese, room temperature
1 Lb Gina's Homemade mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Tightly wrap the outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil.
3. Finely grind the almonds, cracker crumbs, and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process until moist crumbs form. Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the pan). 4. Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool. Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
1. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, Gina's Homemade mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
2. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
3. Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Bake until the center of the cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold).
5. Transfer the cake to a rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
1. Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl.
2. Heat in the microwave until warm, stirring every 20 seconds to blend, about 1 minute.
3. Cut the cake into wedges. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the wedges and serve.