For more information, visit www.producefreshies.com.
"Mrs. Eastwood & Co"
"Mrs. Eastwood & Co" debuts on the E! Network Sunday, May 20.
"Battleship" opens Friday.
Tiffani Bachus, registered dietitian and personal trainer, can be reached at www.totalbalancedbody.com.
5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Low
1) Start your day off right with breakfast. Jump start your metabolism with a nutrient-dense breakfast such as a breakfast taco: 1 corn tortilla + 3 eggs (1 yolk), scramble in veggies + 1 sl avocado + salsa
2) Think vegetarian. Focus on plant-based protein, fat and carbs such as quinoa, nuts, seeds, and green leafy vegetables to energize your body. Eating foods that have the combo of protein, fat and carbs helps stabilize your blood sugar without bogging down your digestive track. Stay clear of heavy, greasy and large meals, which take a lot of energy to breakdown and metabolize by slowing down your digestion.
3) Avoid or limit caffeine. Stay hydrated without the buzz. Try decaf green tea, herbal tea or just warm water with lemon.
4) Get plenty of sleep and rest. Getting into a pattern of getting in quality rest time and deep sleep gives you ample amount of energy to be alert and focus during the day.
5) Snap out of the fog with a mini stroll outside to get some fresh air and deep breaths in, increasing your oxygen uptake.
Helping our Veterans
To make a donation, please call 602.222.6419