MLB All Star Fanfest
Brittney Shipp was live out at the MLB All Star FanFest at the Phoenix Convention Center. The event runs 9am - 8pm through Tuesday July 12, 2011. For more information go to: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2011/index.jsp?content=fanfest
Community Corner: Back to School Backpack Drive
For more information on the Bank of America's "Give Like an All-Star Backpack Drive or to find a location to drop of donations go to www.backtoschoolclothingdrive.com
Air Conditioner Tune-Ups
For more information on Donley Service Center call 602-870-6840 or go to http://www.donleyservice.com
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv
Lego Weekend at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass
For more information on the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass call 602-225-0100 or go to www.wildhorsepassresort.com. To make a reservation for the Lego Weekend go to www.wildhorsepassresort.com/familyfun and use promocode Lego2011
Stars & Strikes Celebrity Bowling Bash
For more information on the Stars & Strikes Celebrity Bowling Bash call Sarah Workman at SarahAnneEvents at 602-368-5119 or go to http://tinyurl.com/Stars-StrikesCelebrityBash
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
Chef Dad's Italian Pasta Salad
1 lb. pkg. Pasta (penne, bow tie, macaroni or your favorite shaped pasta)
10 oz. Grape Tomatoes (sliced in half or thirds, depending on how big they are)
1 Cup Black Olives (drained & diced)
1 Cup Green Olives (drained & diced)
8 oz. Salami (your favorite, cubed)
8 oz. Provolone Cheese (cubed)
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1 Cup Italian Dressing (your favorite brand, shaken well)
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1) First, prep your meat, veggies & cheeses then set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together your mayo & Italian dressing then set aside.
3) Before boiling our pasta, we need to make an "ice bath". This will be used to "shock" the pasta when it comes out of the boiling water. We do this because we want the pasta to stop cooking and cool down as well. Get a large bowl filled 1/3 of the way with ice. Now add water till it comes about ½ full.
4) Get a large pot of salted water over high heat up to a boil for your pasta. Put it in and cook the pasta per its package instructions. When it's done, drain well. Keep the pasta in your strainer then dunk it in your ice bath for a few minutes to cool. Pull the strainer out of the ice bath to drain again. Set the pasta in the strainer on your counter then blot it with a paper towel to remove the excess water from the noodles. Now put the noodles in a large bowl so we can mix the remaining ingredients together.
5) Combine the ingredients by first adding the pasta, tomatoes, olives, both meats & cheeses. Toss to combine then add your mayo/dressing mixture and mix well. Taste the mixture then add desired amount of salt & pepper. I usually start out with about ½ tsp. of salt and ¼ tsp. of pepper. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
This recipe serves at least 12-16 people as a side dish.
Cooks option; - I let my grocers' deli do most of the work by ordering the salami & provolone sliced ¼" thick. That way, when I get home, all I have to do is cross cut those slices to make my small cubes. If your salami slices have a thick outer skin on them, remove it before cubing the meat. Other optional ingredients which we like are freshly diced bell peppers. Use any combo of your favorite peppers such as red, green, orange and/or yellow. Finally, you can leave out the mayo if you want, just add another ¼ cup of Italian dressing to the mix.