PHOENIX -- As the weather cools down for fall, we are heading into sweater and soup weather.
Lucia Schnitzer from Luci's Healthy Marketplace and Executive Chef Stephen Nakashian joined "Good Morning Arizona" Friday to share some tips to help make cooking soup a little easier at home.
Tomato cilantro with coconut milk soup
- Fill a medium to large-sized bowl with 50% onions, 25% carrots and 25% celery. These ingredients are the standard of most soups.
- Sweat those out for a few minutes to bring out the flavors.
- Depending on your preference add hearty ingredients such as noodles, cream, chicken beans, and grains. You can get creative with the foods you add.
- Season with oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, sugar and white wine.
- Add water and coconut milk, then let soup come to a boil.
- Blend the liquids together.
- Add cilantro and serve.
The entire process for tomato cilantro with coconut milk soup is about 15 minutes.
Luci's Healthy Marketplace is located near 16th Street and Bethany Home at 1590 E.Bethany Home Road in Phoenix.
To learn more, visit www.lucishealthymarketplace.com.