PHOENIX -- The Digital Bookmobile, developed inside a 74-foot, 18-wheel tractor-trailer, is a high-tech update of the traditional bookmobile that has served communities for decades.
The one-of-a-kind community-outreach vehicle creates an engaging download experience with the host library's "Virtual Branch" download website and digital collection of eBooks, audiobooks and more.
Powered by a company called OverDrive, the Digital Bookmobile is equipped with broadband Internet-connected PCs, high-definition monitors, premium sound systems, and a variety of portable media players.
- Peoria Public Library, Sunrise Mountain Library, 21109 N. 98th Avenue, Peoria, AZ, 85382, Friday, March 28, 2014, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Scottsdale Civic Center Library @ Ultimate Play Date Festival, 3839 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- City of Mesa Main Library, 64 East 1st Street, Mesa, AZ, 85201, Monday, March 31, 2014, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tempe Public Library, 3500 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ, 85282, Tuesday, April 1st & Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Chandler Public Library, Sunset Library, 4930 W. Ray Rd., Chandler, AZ 85226, Friday, April 4, 2014, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Chandler Public Library, Downtown Library, 22 S. Delaware St., Chandler, AZ 85225, Saturday, April 5, 2014, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.