PHOENIX -- He’s known for crushing people on the football field but this morning Arizona Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell is showing off his softer side in an attempt to get volunteers.
Campbell announced a fan giveaway in conjunction with his involvement with United Way TEAM NFL. He is competing against other NFL players to see who can recruit the most volunteers to help mentor and tutor teenagers in an attempt to diminish the high school dropout rate.
"It's a competition and I don’t like losing at anything," said the gentle giant. His goal? 3,000 volunteers.
Campbell has already recruited 563 fans. He teamed up with the Arizona Cardinals to give fans who join TEAM CALAIS the opportunity to win a number of unique prizes.
- 1,000 volunteers -- autographed Calais Campbell jersey
- 1,500 volunteers -- lunch with Calais and a few of his teammates at the Arizona Cardinals facility
- 2,000 volunteers -- visit from Calais to your work or child's school from Calais
- 2,500 volunteers -- volunteer alongside Calais at a United Way event
- 3,000 volunteers -- a day with Calais at your home to put him to work, walking the dogs, watching your kids, manning the barbecue
- 4,000 volunteers -- a VIP experience at an Arizona Cardinals home game including tickets for four and a meet-and-greet with Calais following the game.
One lucky TEAM CALAIS volunteer will be chosen when each milestone is reached. Fans who join TEAM CALAIS have the chance to win more than once.
Take the pledge and enter to win at www.unitedway.org/teamcalais.