Yellow Onions - peeled and small dice 2 each
Fresh Garlic - peeled and minced 4 cloves
Sweet potato, approx 2-3 lbs. 1 each
Yellow corn 2 ears
Black beans, canned 1 15 oz can
Cumin, ground 1 Tbsp
Cilantro, chopped 1/4 cup
Jalapeno, deseeded and minced 1 each
Lime 1 each
Olive oil 1 Tbsp
Salt and PepperTo taste
Salmon, 6 oz each 4 pieces
Butter, whole 1/4 cup
Cumin, ground 1 tsp
Kosher salt 1/2 tsp
Procedure for Hash:
1) Peel and boil sweet potato for 15 to 20 minutes depending on size. Do not cut and do not cook until soft. Allow to cool.
2) Once sweet potato has cooled cut in large slices, no more than ¼" thick. Season slices with salt and pepper and place on grill. Cook until cooked throughout but still firm.
3) Clean corn and place on grill rotating as needed until entire ear is lightly charred.
4) While sweet potato and corn are grilling heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
5) Add diced onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and salt and pepper.
6) Cook until onion is a light golden brown.
7) Rinse black beans under cold water and allow to drain. Add beans to onion mixture.
8) Once sweet potato and corn and grilled allow to cool until able to cut. Cut corn from cob and cut sweet potato into bite sized pieces.
9) Add corn and sweet potato to onion and bean mixture and sauté until heated throughout.
10) Cut lime into wedges and squeeze a wedge over the top of the mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
Procedure for Salmon:
1) Brush salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2) Place salmon serving side down onto a hot grill.
3) Depending on thickness of salmon and desired temperature, allow to cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Procedure for Compound butter:
1) Let whole butter sit at room temperature until soft.
2) Using the same lime as you would for the hash, zest the rind into softened butter. Squeeze 1 wedge into butter also.
3) Add in ground cumin and salt and whisk together.
4) Place a dollop of butter mixture on top of salmon as it comes off the grill.