Del Frisco's Grille, known for its two breezy patios, is firing up the kitchen early on the weekends and crafting an exceptional brunch. It is offered every Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Red Velvet Waffles
Red Velvet Waffle Batter
-30 oz. waffle mix
-7 tbsp. Hershey's cocoa, dark
-1 1/2 tsp. salt
-1 tbsp. red food coloring
-1 qt. cold water
-1/2 lb. butter, melted
-Makes 2 1/2 quarts
1. Place the waffle mix, cocoa powder and salt in a stainless steel bowl.
2. Mix to combine with a wire wisk.
3. Combine all wet ingredients in a plastic container except the butter and add to the dry ingredients in the bowl and whisk to combine and incorporate the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Preheat waffle iron to No. 5 and once heated, spray with nonstick pan spray.
5. Pour 3/4 cup of batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook.
6. Once waffle is done, transfer to a cutting board and cut the waffle into four equal sections and transfer to a plate. Shingle the pieces slightly on each other from left to right.
7. Drizzle the icing over the waffles and dust with powdered sugar and place strawberry quarters over the waffles.
8. Dust the edge of the platter with cocoa, place crisscross bacon slices on center of waffles.
Cream Cheese Icing
-1 1/2 cups cream cheese, room temperature
-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
-2 tbsp. vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp. half and half
1. In a Hobart mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
2. With the wire whip, mix for five minutes until soft and then add the half and half and mix well to combine.
3. Transfer to plastic container.
4. Cover and refrigerate.