PHOENIX -- This dish is from the “Pies ‘n’ Sides” for the festive season for those who want assistance with elements “beyond the bird” for Thanksgiving, or supplement the ham for Christmas. Guests can place their order for pick up prior to the holidays.
- 1 cup sweet crab
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup diced butternut squash
- ½ cup caramelized onions
- 8 ounces tubetti pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1/3 pound pepperjack cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp parsley, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground White pepper
- In a large sauce pot, bring the cream to a boil and add the two cheeses. Simmer over low heat for several minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Combine the sweet crab, butternut squash and caramelized onions with the cheese mixture, and cook for several minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain well. Add the pasta to the mixture, along with chopped parsley. Stir well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Proof at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
10600 E. Crescent Moon Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262