PHOENIX -- Even though spring break is right around the corner, it’s not too late to plan a fun vacation and still save a buck. AAA travel expert Megan Saxon says families have a lot of options still available.
However, Saxon says you need to act now. Starting March 1, expect hotel rates and airfares to rise and availability to drop.
AAA also has these tips for booking spring-break vacations:
*Research Your Destination:
- If traveling abroad, determine what kind of documentation you may need.
- This is also important for domestic travel – and even if you’re going to a place you’ve been there before.
- Research will help you plan your trip. Look for local happenings, such festivals and farmer’s markets, going on at your destination, that could be fun events to attend for the family.
*Seek Savings Before You Leave:
- The key to saving is to do the work before leaving home. Find out if any places you are going offer discounts for anything you may qualify for (i.e. military, student, AAA, etc.)
- If you’re visiting a theme park, buy discounted tickets at home, which can help you save money before your vacation even starts.
- If you are not planning to leave town for Spring Break, take advantage of local happenings.
Examples: Arizona Science Center, Renaissance Festival and Oasis Water Park.
- Consider a stay-cation at a local resort, especially those with fun water features like the Arizona Grand Resort, which is open every day in March.