PHOENIX -- The Arizona Game and Fish Department Outdoor Expo will be held on Saturday, March 29, and Sunday, March 30, 2014, at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix.
The free event offers loads of activities, presentations and exhibits for everyone ranging from novices to seasoned outdoor recreationists. Activities and attractions include:
- Live wildlife exhibits (hawks, reptiles, small mammals, more).
- Take the kids to two huge catch-and-release fishing tanks.
- Learn target archery and get tips from experts.
- Try out different firearms in a safe, controlled environment on the shooting range.
- Navigate a field course.
- Learn from informative talks on Arizona's raptors, wildlife conservation, urban fishing, hunting tips, Arizona's reptiles, wilderness survival, and more.
Attend thrilling mounted cowboy shooting competition at the Royce W. Anderson Family Arena.
View off-highway vehicle exhibits, the ATV simulator, and rock crawler demonstrations.
See fishing demos and get tips from pros at the Fishing Demonstration Tank.
View boating exhibits and learn about watercraft safety.
See hunting/sporting dog demonstrations.
Learn specialty shooting disciplines such as clay target, cowboy action, practical pistol, black powder, air gun, and more.
Visit with more than 150 exhibitors, including outdoor organizations, government agencies, and vendors of outdoor products and services.
Admission and parking are free, but you might want to bring a little cash to purchase food and beverages from the variety of concessionaires who will be on the Expo grounds, or if you are interested in purchasing outdoor-related products from the vendors who will be on site.
The 2014 Outdoor Expo hours will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 29, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, March 30. The Ben Avery Shooting Facility is located at 4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd. in Phoenix (located on Carefree Highway, about 1/2 mile west of I-17 - just follow the signs).